Sunday, June 18, 2006

For A Minute There

I've had a somewhat extended period of what Mike once described as a 'complete lack of a sense of humour'. I only had to open my eyes to feel pissed off about something or other, and I've not even bothered looking for my phone for most of the last week.

The burst water pipes, to be honest, didn't do much damage; a couple of album covers got a little soggy but that's it. Testament then to the design of the underbed storage. What annoyed me most was that I should have known that the pipes needed complete replacing, and not bodging. So it's been a week with no water, with Chuffy in more disarray than before and with me rapidly descending into grumpy central. It wasn't until today that everything had dried out completely so life can return to normal again, although without any water until next week when I can finally afford to buy some more water pipe. And do everything properly. I have, to be fair, learnt a great deal about Chuffy's plumbing.

And we're back online again. Turned out that after Orange's nice broadband upgrade went through the lack of service was then down to the modem practically melting in the heat and humidity. It was 40 degrees this morning! So a few adjustments and hopefully we're going to be back to normal service (although I believe I've said that before...)

Nah, what's really been getting me down is that there's been bad feeling down here, and as a result a good friend is heading off to Somerset next weekend for an unknown period of time. I understand why things have happened and I understand why there's always going to be a certain amount of unresolved conflict with the parties concerned. I also know that heading to Somerset might be part of the path that needs to be walked

I'm just greatly pissed off that it's come down to this and that there's not more that we can do. Or I can do.

I'm going to miss Mike. I'm going to miss my friend a great deal.



Tunes: Radiohead: OK Computer

No comments: