Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sorted...

One of today's few pleasures was getting home, crossing the car park and seeing Chuffy in her new splendour. The last four days have been pretty full on and hard graft but also four of the most pleasurable days I have spent on the mooring this year.

Chuffy was last painted just before I moved on and she'd never been quite finished; there was always that pesky red stripe left undone. I had meant to paint her properly last year but it never happened. So from the moment the sun first broke through this year my thoughts turned to painting boats. There were times when I thought I'd never make it. When I thought I'd never finish and be left with rain seeping through all the cracks I'd opened up. And there were many more times when I dreamed of how she'd look when she ws completed
.

The end results were beyond my expectations and there are still a few more things I have to do before she's totally complete outside. Working on your own place is a true pleasure, all the more so in Chuffy's case because she is who she is; not least to say very much a part of me. It's been a labour of love, time has been taken and it shows. I'd kept the work very much to myself until the end so I was so pleased that Annie was able to come over and get covered in very expensive yacht paint. I've spent many hours helping her decorate her homes over the years and it felt good to finally have one of my own that she could help me with.


Tunes: Pulp: Different Class

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuffy looking very fine indeed!

Restored to former splendour, or now given a new one? Either way, be very proud of her, she's a beauty!

Afraid Of Ducks said...

A little bit of both. The red 'go faster' stripe was part of the original paint job, the red decks down the sides were a last minute decision.

And thank you, I am indeed very proud of her. And she's not done yet!

Dan GBH said...

I keep meaning to add my two penn'orth. A fine job indeed, bet that feels good. Those are the rancid fumes of virtue and all round kung fu you're breathing, enjoy them! I hope to see her in the flesh again sometime.