Saturday, December 30, 2006

Lists End

So time to squeeze in one more set of top tens before the year end. And the subject is... music.

Last year it was albums, gigs and singles but I haven't really bought any singles this year so it's just albums and gigs this time.

A quick scan down the list of favourite albums reveals 1) I haven't bought much music this year and 2) banjos are in but I still rate the noisy stuff:
  1. Shearwater: Palo Santo
  2. The Broken Family Band: Balls
  3. Pearl Jam: Pearl Jam
  4. The Innocence Mission: Birds Of My Neighbourhood
  5. Micah P. Hinson: Micah P Hinson & The Opera Circuit
  6. Seth Lakeman: Freedom Fields
  7. Muse: Black Holes And Revelations
  8. Four Day Hombre: Experiments In Living
  9. Neil Young: Living With War
  10. The Flaming Lips: At War With The Mystics
A quick scan of the gigs reveals that 1) I've only been to 9 gigs this year and 2) I really hated on of them:
  1. Zappa Plays Zappa @ The Albert Hall
  2. Micah P Hinson @ ULU
  3. The Broken Family Band @ The Scala
  4. Hope Of The States @ Koko
  5. Last Man Standing @ Madame JoJos
  6. Seth Lakeman @ The Scala
  7. Four Day Hombre @ The Barfly
  8. Hellwood @ The Mean Fiddler
  9. Sun O))) @ The Islington Academy (I actually hated this gig and left but it's been the only other one I've seen this year)
What gigs and records did you like this year readers?

Tunes:Steven Moshi's Christmas Compilation

No comments: