Sunday, March 18, 2007

I Closed My Eyes And I Slipped Away

Anyone who's spent more than about five seconds in my company will know that I think Boston's More Than A feeling is possibly the greatest song ever written. To be honest I don't know much about the band, I only own the one album and I didn't even know Brad Delp was the singer (since I never read the liner notes) until I read of his suicide last week. From what I've read he suffered from depression and extremely low self esteem and yet was obviously considered by pretty much everyone who knew or worked with him to be a really nice guy.

That really fucking sucks.

So here's a reminder of why the song is so damn good and what a great vocalist Delp was.




Tunes: Kings X: Gretchen Goes To Nebraska

1 comment:

deafdisco said...

The definitive FM, nay, the definitive pop song. Fucking love every second of it. RIP Brad.