Sunday, December 30, 2007

If it wasn't for the girls in marketing, we'd have to get blow jobs off our wives

So that's almost that for 2007 then. Looking back I'd say there have been a number of highs, a number of lows and a fair amount of stuff in-between. My prediction for 2008 is that it will be much the same. However, I will endeavour to maximise the highs and minimise the lows and make better use of the fair amount of stuff in-between. I will be making one New Year's resolution, the same two word resolution I've made every year for a good few years now*.

I like end of year lists. The favourite this, the most despised that. It's fun to see what others think when with shared interests. I'd add a disclaimer to "I like end of year lists". I have no interest in the top ten amusing Amy Winehouse stories or Eastenders quotes, they have to be lists that interest me, others are for others. So if you have no interest in my top ten movies, gigs and albums, then cheers for reading this far, happy New Year, please pop in again soon. For those that do, then cheers for reading on past this bit, happy New Year, please pop in again soon.

I'm not going to give reasons for my choices, omissions or placings. This is partly because many of my reasons are far from sound, and partly because I couldn't do so without gesticulating like an amphetamine crazed gibbon.

Top 10 Movies:
1) Letters From Iwo Jima
2) Joe Strummer - The Future Is Unwritten
3) Cashback (US release only)
4) Mr Brooks
5) 3.10 To Yuma
6) Stardust
7) American Gangster
8) This Is England
9) Die Hard 4
10) Sunshine

Top 10 Gigs:
1) The Who (Glastonbury)
2) The Broken Family Band (Glastonbury)
3) Okkervil River (The Lumiere)
4) The Raveonettes (Cambridge Barfly)
5) Maximo Park (Glastonbury)
6) The Shins (The Astoria)
7) The Duke Spirit (The 229 Club)
8) The National (Shepherd's Bush Empire)
9) Aimee Man (Indig0)
10) Adam Green (Union Chapel)

Top 10 Albums:
1) Sandy Denny - Live At The BBC
2) Okkervil River - The Stage Names
3) The Broken Family Band - Hello Love
4) Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures
5) The Shins - Wincing The Night Away
6) Dinosaur Jr - Beyond
7) Bright Eyes - Cassadaga
8) Neil Young - Chrome Dreams 2
9) Bruce Springsteen - Magic
10) Radiohead - In Rainbows


*It' not 'more sex' although I would consider trading it.

Listening to an old compilation CD Smudge gave me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does the resolution contain 'opsmoki' somewhere within the 2 words? Mine always does.