Tuesday, January 12, 2010

White on top of white

I can't remember the name of my 3c English teacher. I do remember his face. That makes him no different to most folks I encounter these days. However he did have a resounding impact on me which was to bury an aversion to bad spelling and dodgy grammar deep inside; although some might argue that I'm still fighting the latter to this day.

Most times it doesn't worry me too much in the day to day but I'm exceptionally unforgiving when it comes to people who should know better: managers and anyone in any official capacity whatsoever.

An email appeared in work the other day that caused some amusement. It's for a training course at Disneyland Paris and you can read all about it at this location. The email offered an exciting opportunity for edutainment and imagineering! I'd like to offer those that wrote this drivel an opportunity to swim in the undertow. But wait, its a money can't buy offer for a truly amazing price (495 + VAT). Perhaps it's 495 worth of potatoes then. Plus VAT of course. These people must have taken all the mirrors down in their homes.

If you take a glance at the website, and you don't have to really, then it offers you the chance to LEARN a number of things. Some of these are things you can learn, like Leadership Management, some things that you can pretend to learn like Business Magic and some are really things that you experience, or would want to at 495 + VAT, like Thrilling Rides, Fine Dining and Complimentary VIP Access to the Park. But NOT FUCKING LEARN YOU CRETINS.

Listening to the Jarvis Cocker show on 6 Music

No comments: