Monday, August 06, 2007

Six Degrees of Baloney

Since I share my birthday with Jean Reno, I decide to watch Leon again last week. I was discussing it with Mike as we walked into Kingston on Sunday and who should be staring out at us from an advertising board in the window of John Lewis but...

You've guessed it, Jean Reno. Leon also stars a young Nathalie Portman whose character, Mathilda, watches Transformers a fair bit. The day before I watched Leon I went to see...

You've guessed it, Transformers. Before the movie we were discussing some of the inconsistencies in the plot arc between the first and last three instalments of the Star Wars trilogy, one of which was how Luke and Leia remember their mother played by...

You've guessed it, Nathalie Portman. In Leon Nathalie Portman's family are wiped out by bad cop Stansfield played by Gary Oldman, who (co-incidentally) shared a screen with Harrison Ford in Airforce One. Harrison Ford also plays Han Solo in the last three Star Wars movies and ends up with maternally challenged Leia in Episode 6. Oldman also appears in the Harry Potter movies, the latest of which, The Order Of The Phoenix, I went to see in Amsterdam as my birthday movie.

A birthday I share with...

You've guessed it, Jean Reno.

As an afterthought and for the sake of the maths which could still be wrong it's worth noting that Leon was directed by Luc Besson who also made a movie about Joan of Arc who was also the subject of George Bernard Shaw's play, Saint Joan, which we went to see at the National for my Mum's birthday. Joan is played by Ann-Marie Duff who found fame with the tv show Shameless alongside James McAvoy who escapes Idi Amin's clutches in the Last King Of Scotland during the siege of Entebbe which is where my Mum used to live.

Spooky huh!

Try it out for yourself and see what baloney you can come up with.


Tunes: Snuff: Six Of One, Half A Dozen Of The Other

No comments: