Sunday, September 07, 2008

Send lawyers guns and money

Fuck
Almost 2 months to the day since I last posted
That's bad
The days were once long and drifted by
But it's easy to get distracted
And that thing I was going to do tomorrow is now a month ago
Or maybe two

I remember watching house martins pissing about outside the office window
And coots chasing their young from the nest
(thinking mother nature must look like Anne Robinson)
And the days when Bonnie and Clyde brought the kids round
I remember bbqs on the mooring
And one on top of a boat
I've sat in the sun on Chuffy's roof
And gone a little mad working on the kitchen
(Note to self, I go a little more crazy every time I work on the boat)
But I can wash my clothes again
2 weeks off work well spent
And work's been fun
Busy
Very busy at times
But it's hitting all the buttons I wanted it too
They're a damn fine crew (just in case they ever read this!)
I've caught up with some old friends
But not all
Spent some time with my beautiful monsters
But not all
I've seen some great movies
Some I enjoyed when I didn't think I would
And some class-A putrid stinking piles of time-wasting effluent bollocks
I've picked up some fine new tunes
And rediscovered Warren Zevon
I've seen some great shows
And I'm looking forward to this one
I learned a new chord
And forgot it (but it's something to do with F)

There's probably more
And no matter how much time I may have wasted
I didn't waste one fucking second of it watching Big Brother

All is not lost

Normal service may resume, if I ever figure out what normal is.

3 comments:

deafdisco said...

I wasted LOADS of it watching Big Brother. I have no regrets, I quite enjoyed it!

TheMadEmpress said...

Ha...Ha..you mean you actually wasted your time and money on the latest installment of the Mummy franchise? You were better off watching Big Brother than that mess.

Afraid Of Ducks said...

I take it your Empressness that you've seen said Mummified remains then. There's a long history behind why those of us who went went so it wasn't entirely time wasted but I would rather have spent the money on something more profitable like a bet on Gordon Brown streaking along Whitehall on Christmas day instead of assisting in filling the coffers of those concerned. Shame on them all. On the other hand, it was only a few hours and not drawn out over many months like a bad stay in a POW camp as BB is. Ms Disco, I'll refrain from comment, as I'm still in your debt for the Spirit.