Saturday, July 15, 2006

And All Your Talk Of Such Burdens, No It Won't Bring Me And All My Friends Down

Despite a particularly rude awakening (that's spawned a new mooring saying: "Change your t-shirt"), it's been a grand weekend. Chuffy's shed her waterproofs and had a bath. And she looks just swell thank you.

I'm also now on my third Mac of the year, fluttering between the G's - it's a 4-3-4 formation looking for a boot up to 5... and now the fifth machine from which I've penned this blog. Apropos of nothing that must mean something right? Or is that the other way round. Anyway it makes me want to cry sometimes.

Butterflies and birds have been flittering across town and dragon flies do their flittery glittery thing across the surface of the still water. On Thursday night I watched a shooting star dart across the night sky before flashing green and exploding into a glitter of colours. Yesterday I took some time out to sprawl across a sofa on the end of one of the pontoons and feel the water buffer itself below me as the boats passed by. If I could have given you all even a tenth of the peace I felt at that moment it would have been the best present ever.

I have a new favourite song. I'll type out my favourite part at the end and I don't think the band will sue me because I know their label manager's sister so I must be safe yeah? I know I'm a hippy and all but here's a snippet from today's Guardian online first.

"...a series of air strikes which left 30 civilians dead."

"We will sing pretty songs about love, and we will fight if that's what it takes, and
we won't back down.

No we won't shut our eyes and go to sleep.
We will write all over your walls, and we will dance to no music at all. We will do
what it takes to get through to you."

As long as there are people there is hope for humanity.

Shout out to Evil for the new tunes.

.

Tunes: Tilly And The Mule: Wild Like Children (Go to Summer - Music - Wild Like Children - The Ice Storm, Big Gust And You

No comments: