Thursday, July 06, 2006

We Sing Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

It was either Sunday or Monday that was the halfway point of the year, I can't quite remember offhand. So time for a quick catch up.

Life on the mooring has settled down now. Mike's off in Somerset and is, as expected, greatly missed. Since he'd been staying on Chuffy with me for the last week or so, I took the opportunity to grab an extra day off on Thursday and spent four days working my arse off on the back bedroom. Photos will follow but I'm (and I hope you'll pardon the pun) 'chuffed' to bits. OK, so it still needs curtains but on the whole it rocks big time.I didn't finish until 6.30pm on Sunday and on Saturday I worked through till 10.30 with only a couple of hours off to watch England be England on the football field once again. Muppets...

The internet connection was resolved with a £12 cable (doh!) so, although I'm posting during a late lunch break, we should be back to some regular posting. There's been so much I've missed.

Work's good. Busy. No more to say on that right now. This isn't about work.

I'm very aware that I haven't seen that much of many people this year. And almost nothing of even more. Compared to previous years there are cave-dwelling fakirs who are more socially motivated than I am. This is not meant as a reflection on anyone, nor is it a sign of deep depression or impending doom.

I've loved the few and far between times I have seen people, but I'm afraid there's a lady in my life who's demanding almost all of my attention this year and it's unlikely to change at least until we're well in to Autumn and the rain is falling constantly. This weekend I'll start taking a sander to her, spend a few weeks stripping her down, and then slowly and lovingly start filling her and finally getting her dressed again. (But do I stay green or go blue? Something in me says blue's the way forward.) This all has to be done before the days start disappearing and winter rests its claws on the horizon. It's no small task.

I can't wait though. I've rarely been happier than the time I've spent working on her. Last Sunday when I sat down to see everything finished, cleaned and put away you could hardly contain the grin that spread acros my face. Satisfaction in only the way something you've grafted long and hard for can give, and there's little more satisfying than that.

So Chuffy's my big priority and if she's a drain on my time then I hope you'll all forgive me.

And if you don't.

Tough shit!

: )



Tunes: Iron Maiden: Live at Donnington

No comments: