Monday, July 10, 2006

I Can't See The Forest For The Matchsticks Sometimes

Just as everything was getting back to normal, I turned the iBook on last night and fizz pop, nothing happened. Well not quite nothing. It made some clattering sounds and never quite made it into boot up mode. So I'm offline at home AGAIN. It may be easiest if I go back to pen and paper and Christmas chain letters...

I still haven't seen my email for about a month.

Just in case anyone thought the 'Tough Shit' comment was a little harsh, it wasn't meant to be. Really not. But it's also true!

We all received letters from the landlord last week informing us that the mooring had become a little too messy - we have more dried plants than a florists right now and enough scrap metal to build a large scarp metal pile. We are obliged under our mooring leases to keep the area looking pretty and it's a fair point. Sunday afternoon we filled a skip load from the sheds under the railway bridge and there's probably a couple of skip loads to go. It was fun and I managed to retreive some sheet aluminium that will make a rather fine splashback behind the oven. So good things come from getting dirty and sweaty.

Come to think of it good things pretty much always come from getting dirty and sweaty.

But back to the letter. Each one of us had a few things we have to do and mine, surprise surprise was paint Chuffy. Something I was going to do anyway. But now there's no going back.It's going to take some time, much graft and probably a whole lot of swearing. And it has to be completed before the end of August which means that all my spare waking hours are pretty much taken. Thankfully lunches and the odd post work drink / movies are still on the cards although I feel like I'm making excuses now.

Hopefully tonight I'll have some more news on the Mac.

Next time I get back in here I think I need to have a rant about Mallards.

Anyone out there like Mallards prepare to be disappointed as I uncover the hideous truth behind these foul fowl.

I am listening to A LOT of Rainmakers right now.

It's great.


Tunes: The Rainmakers: Flirting With The Universe

No comments: