Thursday, August 10, 2006

OK So...

I've been a little hasty in my reactions to recent situations. I'm constantly and wonderfully surprised by said party's ability to resolve such crises in a sensible and human manner. Plus life's looking up for the big fella and you can't wish anything more than for your friends' lives to take a turn for the better, especially when they've been in darkness for so long. Looks like I'm still going to be spending the August bank holiday sitting in a hot tub on the banks of Loch Lomond.

My reactions make me realise that I'm still somewhat frazzled by recent ructions at home. But sitting on Chufy's nose this morning, watching the baby coots lined up, balancing on Jenny's mooring rope as their parents fed them was a wonderful tonic. Something I definitely needed.

I always make a fuss about confusing needs and wants. Most of what we say we need we don't. Life isn't going to stop without them. I don't need a bright shiny new 20" iMac. I'm not going to wither away and fall apart if I don't get one. I do, however, really really really want one.

On the other hand I do need a massive hug that lasts for at least an hour, to immerse myself completely in water and a shag!

No comments: