Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Pupils Dilate While The Heart Implodes




So here I am, sitting in this beautiful cabin on the banks of Loch Lomond, tapping away on Mark's iBook (the cabins are all fitted with wirless broadband). We're here to celebrate the big man's 40th birthday and spend some time relaxing in the highlands.

We've not even been here 48 hours yet and already I've done two six mile runs, swam in the Loch twice, had a couple of hot tubs, a bath, a massage, a sauna, bounced on the trampoline, been on a boat trip around the nature reserve, cooked a big breakfast for the crew, eaten crisp sandwiches, drunk copious amounts of alcohol, watched hawks hover, swallows swoop, wag tails wobble and the satellites spinning overhead in the night sky. I've lain on the floor to watch the milky way overhead and seen my stars (Leo) for only the second time in my life.

I don't feel as if I've done anything at all.

If I didn't have my lady love at home half sanded and unpainted I'd seriously think about packing it all in and staying here.

I feel good.

I feel me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr M - looks and sounds like you've been having a very cool time in the whiles of Scotland. Superb! Keep having fun - will be something in the post for you very soon.

Love Tan xxx