Sunday, April 02, 2006

Turn Yourself Around Into The Sun


I think Annie might forgive me for putting this picture of her up since you can't see her face. And it's a nice shot of Zach, not even a month upon this earth. He's a strong little kid, a real kicker which might mean his Dad's going to get his chance to indulge all his football fantasies a little later in life. Either that or Ant's going to have some seriously bruised shins for a while.

I wasn't too impressed with my still being a little blokish when it comes to holding babies, although I'm getting better. I'm one of those guys who suffers from Ming vase syndrome. The ladies on the other hand are amazing. I've seen ducks have more problems with water.

It was good to get down Texas way for the weekend; especially since my navigation skills only brought about raised voices the one time. There's something about crossing water that gives the trip that extra boost. Watching Ant and I try to blow up a ton of ballons whilst completely out of it was a sight to behold. It was one of those evenings that was full of friends and laughter.

If you've ever watched CBBC's Boo for hours straight then you'll know the meaning of the phrase: Get it out of my head... Izzy on the other hand took her second birthday in her stride, chattering away happily leaving the adults struggling to keep up. She knows exactly what she's talking about and it must be intensely frustrating to have the big folks unable to understand. I think we start off sorted and become more stupid as we get along. How else do you explain grown ups?

She's what you get when you bring a child up without all the shit and the fear and the crap.

I wish it was raining tonight. The sound of the rain beating up above my head would be a perfect way to end to a perfect weekend.


Tunes: Gorillaz: Demon Days (the track. about 84 times...)

No comments: