Saturday, April 01, 2006

Gentle Impulsion

My Mum took me to see the Ballet Trocadero De Monte Carlo last night, a group of professional male ballet dancers performing playfully humorous versions of classical ballet pieces. Swan Lake in drag if you like. It was very funny, ireverantly unireverent, knowingly clever and performed with a great deal of love and talent; and despite fighting off a late bout of sleepiness it a most enjoyable evening. Think of it as The Reduced Shakespeare Company for pointy toe people.

I made it home with zero fuss and sat up, getting a little baked, listening to the rain and thinking happy thoughts.

Off to the Isle Of White this afternoon for my Goddaughter Izzy's second birthday. It's going to be good to get out of town for a couple of days. Unfortunately I think this is one of those weekends when the Gods of travel try to throw as much disruption at me as possible. Obviously no one ever goes south on the first weekend of April


Tunes: Jose Gonzalez: Teardrop

No comments: