Thursday, March 30, 2006

Electric Blue Eyes Reflecting Sunlight

Two posts, two uses of lyrics from the new Secret Machines album. I should say that I do love both those songs.

Some random events from the past few days.

I was walking back to the boat and some kids threw an egg at me out of a car. The egg only broke when it hit the ground. Which amused me greatly. I noticed a few more broken eggs further down the road.

I really should find out where they got those eggs from.

I've discovered Chilean chandeliers and Chilean curtains. Mauro, who used to own Chuffy and now lives a few boats down is Chilean. He's working on this system to improve the lighting on Venancia by fixing CDs under the small halogen spots to reflect the light back. And there you have it: Chilean chandeliers. Chilean curtains are even easier to make. You just hang a t-shirt over a small porthole sized window.

Magic.

I'll get a couple of pics up after the weekend.

I had a really special night with Annie last night. We sat up and talked about all sorts of things; how bad I've been feeling, work, life, relationships and we talked very openly and honestly about what we were going through when we split up. All the while getting utterly trashed on vodka. It was funny how differently we remembered certain events. It wasn't at all strange to talk about such dark days, and there was neither animosity nor recremination, just two friends fondly sharing memories that tie your bonds ever closer.

We slept next to each other, which we don't do very often these days. It doesn't matter how long it's been since a relationship has ended, it's still an enormous buzz to feel the body of someone you love lying next to you. Yah boo hiss to having to get up in the morning.

You can guage the strength of your friendship by how you feel when you part. I've been feeling like me all day.


Tunes: Marvin Gaye: Let's Get It On

No comments: