Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Booze And The Drugs

Various things I've missed mentioning recently (in no particular order):
  • Watching Rog extract a fish hook from a somewhat indignant swan's beak (and not getting too wet in the process).
  • Having payroll screw up my pay this month.
  • The sale sign in a Kingston shoe shop that said 'buy one, get one free'.
  • Things calming down on the home battlefront.
  • Not getting rained on.
  • Wondering when to start the fire up.
  • Awesome fog rolling down the river.
  • The episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Peter Boyle refers to a German Shepherd that used to terrorise him as a child as Ilsa the She Wolf. No possible reference to the somewhat notorious movie: Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS then. Not on a US family prime time sitcom surely?
  • Listening to an ex member of Bucks Fizz sing blues standards on the pontoon outside accompanied by the sax player from Spandau Ballet on acoustic guitar. Actually, that was really fucking weird. Had to put my headphones on to watch telly though.
  • Recommending The Proposition if you haven't seen it.
  • Getting half a team back and still being too busy to blink.
  • Finding out that two of the men who died when their yacht was hit by a P&O ferry were at school with me. One of them even lived in Tooting the same time I did.
  • Being played what purported to be a phone call from the second of the Twin Towers just as it fell - probably the single most terrifying and upsetting thing I've yet heard.
  • The best album review I've ever seen
  • Getting out to a couple of great gigs again and really enjoying the company.
I'm sure I've forgotten loads more but there's probably a good reason for that...

Tunes: The Broken Family Band: Balls

No comments: