Sunday, October 29, 2006

Bring Me The Hydro Spanners

It has been the most beautiful day today. One of those days that was made for lounging around on boats; hazy autumn sunshine cutting through the slow thermometer slide into winter, the clatter of gull cries and a warming stillness, almost as if the land is yawning, getting ready to take a little afternoon nap for a few months. So what better day to go crawling around Chuffy's hatches, doing a little sealing, a little cleaning and tidying and getting covered in grease and oil and general unidentifiable ooze.

I'll probably regret saying this because it's an uber geek admission, but you know how guys of a certain generation have this thing for Princess Leia in the bronze bikini? Well, it's not that I don't, but I always went for the: "My hands are dirty", "My hands are dirty too..." moment.

Today my hands got very dirty.

So I washed them.


Tunes: Secret Machines: Girl From The North Country

No comments: