Sunday, October 08, 2006

Nighty Night Campers


Anyone who's spent any time curled up on Chuffy's big sofa will know that it has strange and wonderful relaxing powers. Nothing, I hasten to add, to do with my company I'm sure! Those of you who are fans of snoozing on my sofa will be glad to know that it now has a spanking new cut to fit matress and seat covers; courtesy of my most excellent folks. How comfortable is it now? Well it took some gargantuan effort to climb off it and write this.

I like to watch how people negotiate the sofa. There's no earthly way you can really sit on it properly. You sit down, lean back slightly and realise that the back's about a foot and a half away. So if you try and sit properly you're forced to perch rather straight backed and uncomfortably on the edge. The only way to do it is to kick your shoes off, and curl up in one of the corners with your legs tucked under you. But that's not what you get taught to do when you visit someone's place, at least not until you've been round a few times and sampled their cooking. But there are some who seem to imperceptibly understand the way it's meant to be and just curl up anyway without waiting for an official nod. I don't get offended either way, I just find it kind of fascinating. Oh, and by the way. Next time I see you down my way, I expect instant slobbery. And I won't be offended if you fall asleep. Chuffy just does that to people. And you wonder why I never get out much...

No comments: