Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm Gonna Rip Your Balls Off So You Can't Contaminate The Rest Of The World



One of the things I have leant this week is that the people who hang around outside stage doors waiting for autographs can be very scary indeed.

The news about Bush being briefed on the potential damage a day before Katrina hit New Orleans has to find its place in history alongside the footage of him hearing of the World Trade Centre attacks. It's days like this when I really hope there is a God and all the attendant upstairs downstairs malarky. Because, then, hopefully, there would be something out there sharpening a pitch fork with his name on it.

In unrelated news the UK government have rejected plans for a wind farm in Cumbria that would have powered 45 000 homes because of the effect it would have on the landscape whilst Prescott continues to grant planning permission for tower blocks that are considered to do exactly the same kind of damage. You can almost hear the whetstones working over time...

I love the English language. After I saw the sign above in a coffee chain toilet a couple of days ago I was wondering whether to ask one of the serving ladies if she minded if I pissed in the sink then. But they were both really nice so I didn't.



Tunes: Dio: Holy Diver


1 comment:

deafdisco said...

I also like it when you misread things out of the corner of your eye. Recently I was shocked to see a new magazine for women called 'Harpy' - I had mistaken the first P for an R.